Are you thinking about running Digital Marketing in Jacksonville? Not sure how it compares to traditional marketing? We will try and give you the answers you are looking for. Keep in mind we are a Digital Marketing Agency, so we might be a little biased.
Traditional marketing agencies typically focus on marketing strategies and tactics that are not related to the internet or digital media. This can include print advertising, television and radio ads, direct mail, and other offline marketing efforts. For the most part, the audiences in these types of media are shrinking every day.
On the other hand, digital marketing agencies focus on marketing strategies and tactics that are delivered through digital channels, such as the internet, social media, email, and mobile apps. These agencies may offer a variety of services, including search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, and more.
One key difference between traditional and digital marketing agencies is the way they reach and engage with customers. Traditional marketing efforts often rely on mass reach, while digital marketing allows for more targeted and personalized communication with customers. Digital marketing also offers the ability to track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns in real-time, which is not possible with traditional marketing methods.
The reality is traditional marketing is becoming less effective as more and more people spend time on their phones instead of watching TV or reading print. In Jacksonville, when we first moved here in 2008, the Times Union had a Sunday circulation of over 800,000. Today its less than 30K. Personally, I loved getting my car magazines and looked forward to it every month. I finally stopped subscribing after 15+ years because I just don’t read them anymore. I would rather watch car videos on youtube.
There are several reasons why your businesses might choose digital marketing over traditional marketing:
- Greater reach: Digital marketing allows businesses to reach a larger audience more quickly and easily than traditional marketing methods. This is because digital marketing channels such as social media, email, and website advertising allow businesses to target specific demographics and reach people who are interested in their products or services.
- Lower costs: Digital marketing can be more cost-effective than traditional marketing methods. For example, social media advertising and email marketing allow businesses to reach a large number of people for a relatively low cost. Budgets for Google Ads or Facebook Ads can start as low as $1000 a month. Email marketing is very inexpensive assuming you have a good customer base to stay in touch with.
- Measurable results: Digital marketing efforts can be easily tracked and measured, which allows businesses to see the results of their efforts and make data-driven decisions about their marketing strategy. Both Google Ads and Facebook Ads have pretty solid tracking for conversions. On top of that, running Google Analytics or GA4 can help you figure out who is coming from where and buying or submitting leads for your business.
- Greater flexibility: Digital marketing campaigns can be quickly modified and updated based on real-time data and feedback, whereas traditional marketing efforts can be more difficult to change once they have been launched. We often have clients that will call us mid-month and increase their ad spend because products are moving, or they are getting a lot of leads. Sometimes there will be a story in the news that will cause a spike in traffic and with digital media, you can literally change your budget that day to capitalize on it.
- Increased engagement: Digital marketing channels such as social media and email allow businesses to directly engage with their customers, which can help to build brand loyalty and trust. You can also do this for free!
Let’s talk about pricing for marketing agencies
It’s difficult to compare rates between digital marketing and traditional marketing in a straightforward way, as the cost of each type of marketing can vary widely depending on a number of factors. However, there are some general trends that can help to provide a rough comparison:
- Traditional marketing tends to be more expensive overall than digital marketing, especially for small businesses. This is because traditional marketing methods often involve the production and distribution of physical materials, which can be costly.
- Digital marketing can be more cost-effective than traditional marketing, especially for businesses that are looking to reach a large audience quickly and efficiently. We have run successful Google Ads Campaigns for under $1,000, though we typically recommend starting with at least $1,000 in ad spend in Google.
- The cost of digital marketing can vary depending on the specific tactics and channels that a business uses. For example, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can be more expensive than search engine optimization (SEO) depending on your business. Keywords for lawyers or Water removal companies can be extremely expensive, so focusing on a content strategy might be a smart way to go.
In general, it’s important for businesses to carefully consider their marketing budget and goals when deciding whether to use digital or traditional marketing methods. Both have their own pros and cons, and the right approach will depend on the specific needs of the business.
If you are looking to run Digital Marketing, NetViper Interactive is a Google Partner based in Jacksonville, FL. Owner Dave Fogel is a Google Ads Master working with Google Ads since 2008 logging more than 16,000 hours of experience in Google Ads. We have been running Facebook Ads for roughly 4 years and continue to enjoy the results that the platform delivers.
Please contact us today if you have questions about running Google Ads in Jacksonville or anywhere else! We work with clients in the USA and Canada. We are also part of the MECLABS super funnel cohort focusing on creating the ultimate funnel to get people to buy your goods or services.
PPC vs SEO
One of the most common questions we get asked is what is more important, Pay-Per-Click or Search Engine Optimization? Here is how we see it: PPC: – Ads are online almost immediately – Start getting ROI sooner – Great for time sensitive promotions – Great for testing different words, phrases and products – Quickly build…
- « Previous